Light of The World
Logo Low bon.jpg
Jai tant besoin.jpg
Logo Entre tes mains.jpg
Logo Dans intimit.jpg
Logo Divin Potier.jpg
Social Project The Heart of the Father
Street kids of Kinshasa
We would like to develop with the association Light of The World a center to welcome the kids of the streets in Kinshasa. It’s estimated that about 20 000 children between 0 to 18 years old are living in the streets of Kinshasa who’s inhabited by more than 8 000 000 people. Facing extreme poverty, petty crime, drug use, prostitution and rape; these kids are on their own. We would like to offer them a place where there will be a way to reinsert them into their families ( close relative or extended family) or even into host families in agreement with the Congolese legislation. Having tasted liberty, it’s important to redefine some rules that will allow their reinstatement. It’s in that way, that an open house will be perfect to start this project. Indeed, it would allow us to welcome the children, to wash them, to clothe them, to feed them and to preach them with the Word of God. Alphabetical classes are considered as a scholastic accompaniment and jobs training.
There are different phases to this project:
1. To have an inquiry in the streets and also in the associations already existing and how they work.
2. To look for a place where we’ll be able to welcome the children. To achieve this we have two options :
a. To rent a house with a big courtyard.
b. To buy a property and build a center to welcome the children.
3. Go to the streets to meet the kids, preach the gospel to them, and know about their life and their stories. Invite them to the center where they will be able to have breakfast, an afternoon meal and where they will be able to do some sport or cultural activities like any other kid is supposed to do.
4. Allow the children to go back to school or to learn a trade.
5. To organize family meetings in order to allow the children to go back to their home.
6. Find welcome families who would welcome the kids whom families can’t or don’t want their return.
As you may have seen, the challenge that we want to achieve is big and we think that with the help of Jesus-Christ everything is possible to whom who believes. Jesus asks us to take care of those who are suffering in this world as he told us in the book of Matthew in the chapter twenty five verse 34 to 40 : « Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me. »
How can you help us? First of all you can pray for this work, everything start by prayer. Also you can help financially this project, you can send us your donations with Paypal: